Saturday, September 25, 2010

Week in Review: Epic Fail

My first week as a professional writer was no slam dunk. An air-ball would be a more appropriate description, or a fumble, since it is football season. Yup, my transition into self motivated employment is failing horribly, so far. Over the course of the week I have written less than 1000 words on two different projects. The actual number is probably around 700. That is pathetically low. I think 5000 would be a good goal to start with.

On the other hand, I've got a lot of reading done. I've certainly been blogging a lot more (as you may have noticed). And I saw Inception, which was unbelievably awesome.

Let me repeat that with a few added superlatives: Inception was unbelievably awesome. Amazing. Well conceived and brilliantly executed. Incredible. Genius. It is literally one of the best movies I have seen. Period.

And I should add that Resident Evil: Afterlife (in 3D) was quite entertaining as well. I'm quite impressed by the new 3D technology. It works much better than the old 80's and 90's bit. Very cool.

So there it is. I'm failing my new profession. And I didn't even get any dates this week, which is a shame, because there is a plethora of date-able ladies here.

But on the other hand, I can sleep in every morning, until the sun gently wakes me from my slumber as it shines through my window. And any time I read a good book, I'm doing "research."

No comments: