Sunday, February 01, 2009

Yahoo Headlines @ 8:45pm

Amazing Super Bowl Finish--Not something that I really care about. I love sports, but the professional leagues just don't have much appeal to me. Still, it was a good game, I guess.

Taboo Conversation Topics for Men--Hmmm, haven't read the article, but from my experience men are able to talk about anything. Except for feelings, perhaps. Some do. But I certainly don't. My dance partner often says things like, "love you" or "love your face," to which I respond by saying such heart-warming things as, "see you tomorrow!" I just have a hard time expressing any type of feelings for anybody not family. That doesn't mean I'm a cold wretch. I'm not.

Israel Threatens Gaza after Rocket Fire--I've been considering a long post about this topic since this issue first came up several weeks ago, especially with the subsequent protest that happened here on (BYU) campus. But I haven't yet had time to research some things that I wanted to use in my post. Since I don't know if I'll ever get the chance before this issue blows over, here's my stance in a nutshell: Hamas should leave Israel alone. If they don't, then they accept the responsibility for the Palestinian citizens killed by the Israeli retaliation. And, the liberals should stop their whining about "disproportionate retaliation." Israel (or any country) has the right to retaliate full force against aggressive actions from another nation.

GOP leaders doubt stimulus bill will pass Senate--I haven't been following this issue very closely at all. But, I hope something happens to fix our economic struggles. I'm not sure if that "something" will necessarily stem from government action.

FARC rebels release four hostages to Red Cross in Columbia--That was decent of them. (Saying more will only reveal my ignorance on this topic).

Hard times give government jobs greater allure--Didn't take hard times for me to discover that. Everybody knows that working for the government is cushy. I worked for the government last summer, and all we did was. . . work. Good $$$ though.

Study: Soil helped ancient Greeks choose temple locations--Duh! Soil is important for choosing any building location in any culture. . . I wonder if the article means that some soils had religious significance. I think I'll read it.

Baby born with 12 fingers and toes in California--Cool!

1 comment:

Ransom said...

Sounds like you'll just have to marry somebody. Then they'll be in your family.