Monday, February 02, 2009

Ha Ha! Joke's on Me!


I was going to write this blog post while relaxing in front of the TV at the end of the day, but I'm not getting anywhere because of Top Gear. It's quite literally the funniest television show I have ever seen. Basically, it entails quirky British humor and awesome cars. Since I have been watching in the last hour, they've mounted a Mini Cooper with rockets and jumped it off a a ski jump, played a game of "ice hockey" with a bunch of Suzuki economy cars, raced a 700hp super car around a track. . . and off it, and raced through an obstacle course while being shot at by a paintball tank. It's a brilliant show, enough that it could be the first show that I actually put on my schedule.

Anyway, it has ended now, so on with the meat of my post.


My English 343 (Modern Drama) professor is requiring a theater review for one of the assignments. It so happens that the only show that I could review (by tomorrow) is Thoroughly Modern Millie, which I watched last Thursday. It was marvelous, by the way, and I may post my review on here if I should ever get about to writing it. That's not the point of this post though. The point is, that I decided I would take advantage of this opportunity to take a date. So, a week before last Thursday, I worked up the nerve and asked a girl that I know. Now, last semester I felt like she was sending me positive vibes, and as far as I knew, she was quite single. So I asked, and wouldn't you know it. . . she's already dating somebody. But wait, she's not just dating one somebody, she's dating two! And she still offered to see if she could make time in her schedule to work me into the mix. Errr. . . OK. Of course you can probably guess that I went to Millie all by myself, and you would be correct. But it's not a big deal, some other time perhaps.

Guess that should teach me a lesson about procrastination, eh? Maybe I'll go watch some more Top Gear (starts again at 9!).

No comments: