Saturday, April 05, 2008

That's right, I'm a procrastinator!

So for one of my classes this semester, one of the assignments was a "creative project." Meaning, it could be anything that related, even slightly, to anything that has happened historically since the Renaissance. It's a pretty big project and very open ended, and they assign it at the beginning of the semester so that you can put some major time into it. . . I started it at 10pm last night, it was due at 7am this morning. Yes, I am a procrastinator.

I guess I can offer the usual "I was busy with other things" excuse, but in reality, had I been a bit more forward thinking, I could have had at least a rough draft to work from last night. Instead, it's the rough draft of my project that I turned in about an hour ago. Still, because I have a pretty inflated ego, I think my rough drafts are generally as good as most people's final drafts. The problem here, is that I really don't function well after midnight at the end of a long tiring week, so, in all likelihood, my paper might not be up to my usual standard of last-minute works. I really don't know, it sounded good when I read it--after I finished--at 4am this morning, if a little skeletal in places. It was supposed to be a comparison of the contrasting styles of War; East vs. West; Sun Tzu vs. Karl von Clausewitz.

Sun Tzu wins, by the way.

Want to know something funny? I have five more significant papers due in the next week and a half, four of which should already have been done. Heheh. . . I'll probably start one of them tomorrow, woot!

Don't procrastinate!

I should probably mention, at least briefly, that I had to control myself since I wrote my last post because it seemed as if Global Warming articles were hunting me down like Jason Statham hunts down the bad guys in the Transporter II. My natural impulse was to fly into a rage and start formulating opposing arguments for me to post on here, but because that's what I wrote about last time, I have spared you the agony of reading my views on human caused Global Warming twice in a row (It's a sensationalist hoax dad-gummit!).

Well, that's quite enough blah-blah-blah for the day. Peace!

No comments: