Friday, December 10, 2010

Yes, I've been pretty Stupid.

I discovered recently that I am an idiot. Here is why.

You see, I always thought of being single as a kind of curse. As if my success in life is dependent on if I can get a woman to love me, and thus being single equals failure.

But I've been so wrong. Being single is a blessing. An opportunity. I will never be more free to pursue my dreams than I am right now. I've intended all through my college career to pursue my goal of being a successful published author after graduation. And so here I am, free to do just that. No wife, no kids, and no job to interfere with my writing (I manage to distract myself enough as it is). I can't believe I didn't see it before.

So here's to hoping that I can turn this freedom into a meaningful word-count.

1 comment:

Lunars Wolf said...

Yay! Good perspective...no get to work on that book, and enjoy your lack of obligations.