Sunday, December 05, 2010

Updates

I've known that I need to post something, but I haven't had any relevant ideas for a good blog topic. I still don't, but I figured I would post today just to keep my blog alive.

So, onto business.

Congrats to the BYU FOOTBALL team for actually making it to a bowl game this year! Through the first five games of the season it looked like BYU was dead. However, they made one of the greatest about-faces that I've witnessed in a sports team and won 5 of their last seven games (with their only two losses coming to top 25 teams). They were basically a different team during the second half of the season. So thanks to them for making this season a pleasure to watch(the second half of the season).




And thanks to the BASKETBALL team for being awesome right now. Unfortunately we need a more consistent inside game to take the pressure off JIMMER (because everybody knows who he is since he was on the cover of SI). Unless we develop one, I don't know if we'll go very deep into the NCAA tournament in March.




No thanks to WOMEN for being utterly confusing; at the same time demoralizing, but utterly intoxicating.




Cheers to PROGRESS! Over the last couple weeks I've actually written a few pages on one of my writing projects. Sure, it isn't that much, but it feels like I'm starting to break through my writing funk. Of course, I am now three months behind schedule. I wanted to have it finished by Christmas. I suppose it's possible, but I'd have to write about 75,000 words in the next three weeks (as opposed to ~2,500 in the last three).

And my favorite place to be right now? 24 HOUR FITNESS. I think I'm starting to turn into a muscle-head. I love working out. Not only do I FEEL different, but I LOOK different. I think after about 10 weeks of working out (5 days a week) I've put on at least 10 pounds of muscle. I confess that I end up flexing in front of the mirror a lot more than I used to : ) Seriously, I think everybody should spend consistent time at the gym lifting weights. Even girls, here is why:

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/healthieryou/why-guys-lose-weight-faster-women-and-how-steal-their-secrets

Anyway, that's life right now. The end.

No comments: