Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Locked in Iso.


So here I am in Alaska. An outdoor paradise, right? I should be happy about that, and I am. The problem is that I spend every moment of my job out enjoying this paradise. I literally live in the wilderness for eight days in a row. Thus when I come home for my six days off, I'm actually a little tired of living in a tent and eating camp food. What I really want to do is get out. But I can't. I'm stuck in the social black hole of the world. There is nothing to do here, in Glennallen, besides doing outdoor things. And that sucks. I miss Utah.

Basically, I'm suffering from a minor melancholy because I'm extremely bored right now. I would like to go see a movie, do some ballroom dancing. . .things of that nature. But I can't, because this place is the place where bachelors go to die (or turn into crochety old mountain men).

1 comment:

Analei said...

Nice, manly photo of you.