Monday, July 20, 2009

I'm still Alive

I know I've been slacking over the last couple weeks as far as blogging goes. This isn't entirely my fault because I've only been home for one day in that time period--spent babysitting neglected children (more later)--in essence I'm giving a valid excuse for my neglect.

Unfortunately, I only have two days before I depart again for another trip, so I'm not going to get anything really substantial posted before I leave again. I may do something later today or tomorrow, but I have several subjects brewing in my mind that may require a bit more effort and eloquence than I can generate right now.

So here are a few pictures from the last couple weeks of working in the Alaskan wilderness to tide you over until I get my act together again.

The beautiful pastel colors of an Alaskan night.








An eagle chillin' in a tree--hard to get a good picture of while bobbing up and down.







Childs Glacier calves right into the Copper River. We saw some pretty massive ones, but I never got a good picture.






A forest fire producing a nice hazy effect and a red-ish sun.






A small glacier up in the mountains.







An Alaskan fish wheel. This one is pretty hardcore, four baskets?






The crossing of Miles Lake. It looks lonely. It was.








A public use cabin I helped build (in four days) at Caribou Creek.







Early morning fog on the Copper.








Some mountains along the Copper River.

No comments: