Monday, March 09, 2009

Here Comes the BOOM!

The U.S. National Amateur Dancesport Championships are being held this week here at BYU. I've blogged some about Dancesport before, so I shan't bore with unnecessary details. Suffice it to say that this week is going to be quite hectic, so don't expect any cool blog posts in the next week or so. Everybody that can, should at least come Friday or Saturday nights (preferably both) to watch the "Battle of the Champions" a not-so-official competition between four of the top U.S. professional couples. Included in this year's Latin event are Riccardo and Yulia--who is so gloriously beautiful, and dances even better than she looks; Eugene and Maria--who have pretty much won the Amateur championships for the last decade and are now pros; and a couple other couples that are also really good, but that I don't know that much about. If you aren't already a dancer and are interested in coming, let me know, and I shall direct you to the correct ticket office. Or you can buy them at the door.

Speaking of tickets. . . I am now taking ticket orders for the BYU Ballroom Dance Concert which will be held the second weekend of April. I can get tickets before the general public and thus better tickets than you can buy yourself (assuming you are not a fellow BDC member). So, I think they will be $10 or $12, depending on the time. Let me know if you want tickets and I will be happy to pick them up for you. Oh, don't buy them online or on the phone, it's a big fat ripoff. If you buy them yourself, be sure to mention my name when you buy them so I can get credit for spreading the Ballroom love.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Vae Gannon said...

Just a quick correction: Concert is the second weekend in April, the 10th and 11th, not the first. There will be shows Friday and Saturday night, and one Saturday matinee. Let me know which sessions you want.