Monday, May 28, 2012

Yes this blog is still Active

I've definitely been losing steam on this blogging thing.  Not because I don't want to be writing on here, it's basically more a lack of subject matter.

However, today I want to announce that I'm officially beginning the final editing process for my book.  I've edited about 50 pages so far and things weren't as odious as I had thought.  There are some flaws, but I've had some pretty good brainstorms on how to fix them.  For those of you who read the first draft, I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the difference these changes are going to make.  One change that I hope to do today is the addition of a prologue which will add more depth to some of the characters while at the same time creating a hook at the beginning of the story. 

Editing is going to be a long process.  I've been spending anywhere between 5-20 minutes on each page during my reading sessions.  Some pages get a lot of red ink, and some get very little.  It doesn't help that I'm working a lot more than I expected this summer--so far I've been working 50 hour weeks--which doesn't leave a lot of time or energy for editing at the end of the day.  Still, I hope to have a significant chunk of the revision done by the time I return to Utah in September.  Then End.

No comments: