Thursday, November 19, 2009

Dancesport in Review




I realize that I haven't done my normal after-Dancesport blog post, so here it is.

Dancesport was cool. I made it four rounds into Novice Latin and got cut from the Quarterfinals, which was better than expected; four rounds into 380 Waltz and cut from the Quarterfinals, which was worse tha
n expected; I made it to the second round of Pre-Champ Latin, which was within my expectations. Last, I got cut from the Gold Bar (485/385) Cha-cha which was also within my expectations.

In short, I did BETTER than I normally do, which still isn't very good. But I'm OK with that. I think right now I'm just happy to be dancing at all, because I've realized that I am in the twilight of my dancing career as I prepare for GRADUATION (which I still find intimidating). Dancing has been a great experience for me, and I'm going to miss it next year. . . unless I'm lame and come back to Provo next year. It's in the back of my mind. I'm not staying in Alaska for the winter, and I have no idea where else I would go. So for now, Provo is my primary option. Anyway, blah, blah, blah. The end.

No comments: