Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week.


Ok, so it really wasn't that bad. Just the ending.

Wednesday--For the first time I am actually in a place where I can watch television for So You Think You Can Dance, because they moved the show to the Fall. Once I found that out I tuned in, by myself, at 7pm for the Phoenix auditions with great expectations. Lame. And worst of all? I experienced, for the first time, a same-sex ballroom dance couple. Call me narrow minded, bigoted, racist, or whatever. Nasty. Insulting to ballroom dance. Boo! And Mary, and Mia (the judges) were getting emotional "you're so courageous," (blah, blah). Go away. On the other hand, there was a girl who had spinal meningitis when she was a baby and was deaf as a result. She danced very well. It was touching.

Thursday--I went to World of Dance with very high expectations. I was disappointed. First of all, no Cougarettes. Second, the Ballroom team, for whom I have much love, was a letdown. The Pirates number was good, but it has always fallen short of the standard set by Cinemagic or some of the other ballroom themes. . .though the very ending is freaking awesome. The Mambo really is kind of bland, and the new rumba falls well short of "If That Were Me"--the song is just really kind of weird (a guy singing that he wants to dance with his father?). Third, the modern dance company did the same routine three different times to the same musical formula, just in different costumes (though they did do really cool things with lighting in the second one). Fourth, I realized that the folk team does the exact same routine every time too, just with different cultural steps and costumes (the women all start out dancing sedately, then the men come in and turn it into a party). Fifth, my favorite number was the last ballet piece. Very funny. Sixth, I had four empty chairs next to me on one side, and an old couple on the other. I felt lonely.

Friday--wasn't that bad. Residual loneliness.

Saturday--BYU lost, badly, to Florida St. AND I had a pounding make-me-want-to-yark headache at the same time. It was fitting, but nobody should have to endure that kind of pain. I had to take TWO doses of Excedrin, that's 128mg of Caffeine, which is why I am still awake blogging.

And that is my horrible, no good, very bad week.

The End.

1 comment:

Analei said...

Sunday you had an awesome dinner with your favorite sister and won a game of Life and pigged out on cake and ice cream! What a great way to start your next week!